The eight most luxurious hotel experiences in the world

From riding in a submarine to sleeping on 24 carat gold sheets, these hotel experiences are some of the best money can buy.

Ride in a US$1.5 million dollar submarine 

Laucala Island Resort, Fiji

Cost: Free for guests. Accommodation prices start from US$4800 (about A$6237) per night.

Owned by Red Bull co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz, the ultra-luxe Laucala Island Resort takes all-inclusive to a new level, offering guests complimentary use of its own private US$1.5 million dollar submarine. The Deep Flight Super Falcon takes one guest at a time on an ocean tour through coral filled reefs to view tropical fish, rays and turtles.

Take a private jet daytrip

Rooms Hotel Kazbegi and Rooms Hotel Tbilisi, Georgia

Cost: From US$1,500 (about A$1,878) per hour.

These two hotels in the former Soviet nation of Georgia offer guests their very own bespoke jet journeys in the properties’ private five-passenger aircraft. Itineraries include a viticultural exploration of Telavi, a journey into the ancient forests of Ambrolauri and a tour of the historic castles of Kutaisi.

Sleep on 24 carat gold sheets

Townhouse Galleria Milano, Italy

Cost: Free for guests staying in the Seven Stars Ottangono Presidential Suite, or guests can take the sheets home for €200,000 (about A$298,600).

What could be more luxurious than falling asleep cocooned in 24 carat gold? The sheet set, which includes pillowcases, bottom sheet and duvet cover, is 40% gold with the remaining 60% woven from pure silk.

Sleep under the stars

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, Mexico

Cost: US$500 (about A$621)

Guests at Mexico's Las Ventanas al Paraiso can request a private oceanfront or rooftop suite, allowing them to sleep under the stars in one of the best stargazing locations in the world. The outdoor suite comes complete with fresh flowers, a bottle of special edition Tequila Clase Azul and a platter of snacks.


Visit a Volcano

Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Hawaii

Cost: US$39,500 (about A$52,200) for up to four people.

During this 27-hour itinerary, guests are transported by private helicopter to the active volcano Kilauea where they can see the glowing lava flow up close, before retiring to bed in a secret rainforest cottage located in a 1,000 year old rainforest.


Dine on a deserted island

One&Only Reethi Rah, Maldives

Cost: On enquiry

During the Sunset Sandbank Experience at One&Only's Maldives resort, a captain will shuttle you out to a deserted island only accessible at low tide, far out of view from any landmass on the horizon and miles away from the nearest boat or human being. As the pink sun sinks into the Indian Ocean, you sip champagne and dine on a gourmet spread, relishing in the knowledge that you have a deserted island all to yourself.


Take home a couture gown by Jason Wu

St. Regis New York, USA

Cost: US$50,000 (about A$62,530)

Image Courtesy of St. Regis Hotels & Resorts

Check into the St. Regis New York and you could leave two days later with a custom designed gown tailored to your specifications by fashion designer Jason Wu. A chauffeured Bentley will take you from your suite to Wu's showroom where you will have a private consultation to design your couture gown.

Dive with WWII shipwrecks

Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Cost: On enquiry

At Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt you can explore the secrets hidden beneath the Red Sea, during an exclusive shipwreck diving experience. Historian John Kean guides an underwater exploration of British munitions ship the SS Thistlegorm, which was sunk by a German bomber in 1941 as well as its sister ship, the Rosalie Moller.



Latest articles

Best place to stay // Fiji

Name of resort

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort

El Questro

From riding in a submarine to sleeping on 24 carat gold sheets, these hotel …

Best place to stay // Fiji

Name of resort

Vatuvara Private Islands

El Questro
Eco Tourism

Going off-grid doesn't have to mean sacrificing luxury at these ruggedly beautiful eco …


Weather to go

Fiji generally maintains year round warm temperatures, however there is a spike in temperature during the wet season between November and March. The cooler dry season occurs between May to September. From late October to early November the weather is dry and warm, and there are less crowds as Fiji is at its most popular during school holidays (July-August, and the Christmas and New Year period).


Best places to stay

The islands of Fiji offer an abundance of luxury resorts to travellers seeking family friendly or adults only, five-star ocean front resorts and private island getaways. To ensure you experience the very best on offer on your visit to Fiji the writers at Luxury Travel magazine have compiled their independent list of the best places to stay in Fiji for luxury travellers from all over the world. See the list here

Web design by Komosion | Powered by Komodo Canvas